Monday, 20 September 2010
Things I love in England
Those who know me know at least 2 things about me:
1) I live in the south of England and work for a church.
2) I love Japan and that is where my heart too often is.
The last few weeks I have been feeling home sick. The problem is that I feel like my home is Japan, not in England. Being that God has blessed me with such a great community and a wonderful job I feel that I need to ground myself here a little so below I am going to make a list of things that I love about England especially, but not exclusively, those that I won't get in Japan. (Not in any particular order)
1) Good Indian tea.
2) Good coffee.
3) Good cheese.
4) Having a conversation where I can express myself properly.
5) Fully understanding the culture and rules that come with it.
6) A 'Christian' culture even if it's mostly nominal.
7) Plenty of churches and Christians to interact with.
8) The loving community at St. Peter's, Woodmansterne.
9) My family which I so often take for granted but are important to me.
10) The NHS.
11) A rent-free house. (Or more generally, affordable rent)
12) Easy access to good books
13) Christian conferences and meetings
14) Pubs with British ales
15) Bread which doesn't make you think of marshmallows
16) Sandwiches that aren't made with fruit and cream :S
17) British humour
19) Multi-cultural society
20) English comedy
Please feel free to comment about that things you love about the UK below.
Till Next Time!